Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sevilla!
















We arrived at the Hotel Don Paco in Sevilla yesterday morning, and I immediately realized that it was the same hotel that I stayed in when I went to Sevilla during study abroad several years ago... What a coincidence! We spent day 1 exploring Sevilla with our guide Enrique. My favorite parts were paddle boating in the Rio Guadalquivir, and seeing the Alcazar (which I don´t remember from before). However, it was blazing hot in Sevilla, even though we stopped a ton for cold drinks and ice cream (Benito bought at least 7 bottles of apple juice!) Today, Enrique took us to the Plaza de Espana - Sevilla´s Plaza de Espana is awesome. We also walked through the Barrio Santa Cruz, with its narrow streets, shops, and a yummy place where we had tapas for lunch (everyone really likes patatas bravas y paella). Later, we went to the Catedral and climbed the Giralda. We were pretty tired out from the heat and walking, and I think everyone is taking a nap now before we go to see a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment