¡Hola! ¿Que tal?
yesterday was probably the best day so far. We walked all through the old city of Cadiz and had Telepizza, which was the greasiest (but delicious) pizza i´ve ever had. i got some helado (ice cream) later and enjoyed it in one of the plazas. life here seems to pass slowly, as though the people dont have a care in the world. ¨"no te preocupes" (dont worry) is the phase i would use to describe Cadiz. sitting in the sunny open-air plaza i know why spainards use this phrase so often. the breeze at my back, the sun on my face, and the murmur of a fountain captivate u. I dont want to leave.
Later that day we walked through a beautiful park and then saw an ancient castle located in the sea, connected to the mainland by a long stone walkway. the sights were beautiful . i wanted to jump in the clear blue water but settled to merely sit on the rocks and try to rid myself of the accursed farmer´s tan. we also visited the Torre Tavira, a tower used to sight ships back when cadiz was a trading superpower. u could see the whole city. it was breathtaking.
More later
Bracey
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ay bernardo. I have the same love affair for Spain. I actually CRIED when I had to leave! I am so proud of you for enjoying it all to its fullest!
ReplyDelete