Friday, May 22, 2009

Pre-Trip Post: Señora Ligler

A little background info on Cádiz, where we're going in Spain:
Cádiz is a city in Andalucía, a province in Southern Spain. It is on a small peninsula, and it was originally founded by the Phonecians over 3,000 years ago (it claims to be the oldest city in Europe). According to my guidebook, it has amazing architecture and beaches. For one night, we will also go on an excursion to Sevilla. For a map and more info on Cádiz: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadiz
The school that we will attend from 10am-1pm each day, MundoLengua, is centrally situated - fairly close to the homes we will be staying in. Each student will stay with a Spanish family - we received descriptions of the homes and families last week. I'm staying with a Señora named Antonia; her family is "muy agradable." For more information on our program: http://www.centromundolengua.com/content/view/16/102/

I'm looking forward to exploring Cádiz, as I've never been there before; I'm also looking forward to the food and the classes. We leave in dos semanas, I can't wait!
-Sra. Ligler

No comments:

Post a Comment